Reads and interprets work instructions and blueprints to determine dimensions and tolerances. Measures, inspects, tests and verifies machined, welded and finished parts for conformance to specifications. Provides support for quality projects dictated by the Quality Leadership. Supports and completes activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards, requirements, documents, and instructions for industrial processes, materials, and products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, performs and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. These standards and methods include but are not limited to Inspection Reports, Process Improvement (PI), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Nondestructive Inspection (NDI) and Nondestructive Testing (NDT); [Liquid Penetrant (PT), and Visual Test (VT)].
- Reviews documents and records in order to assist and support final inspection, customer source inspection, government source inspection, etc.
- Provides assistance and training to lower skilled inspectors and workers.
- Supports the developments of procedures, instructions, and forms for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality related information in the Quality Management System.
- Supports and completes Raw Material, Receiving, Chemical inspections.
- Supports programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
- Supports and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility. Assist and support in the DMR and MRB process.
- Supports and conducts internal and external (supplier) audits.
- Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Completes other duties assigned by Quality Leadership.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Two-year certification from college or technical school, three years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection, special processes, and raw materials a plus.
- Must know how to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
- Must be knowledgeable with CM, height gages, inspection tools and equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision.
- Must have the ability to work as team player in a group or team environment.
Go to all jobs