Responsible for machining fixture development and programming of machined parts. Work with manufacturing engineering to implement machining processes while maintaining quality, proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Expected to work cohesively with engineering and manufacturing staff to develop best practices and streamline the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce CNC programs for multi axis vertical and horizontal machining centers.
- Produce CNC programs for horizontal lathes and vertical turret lathes.
- Manage backlog of programs requested by manufacturing engineering in order to meet production schedule requirements.
- Assist in developing fixturing as needed to achieve proper work holding and access to machined features.
- Assist manufacturing engineering with maintenance of setup sheets and tooling lists.
- Responsible for maintaining DNC system accuracy.
- Assist manufacturing engineering and shop staff with troubleshooting problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Work closely with shop staff to setup and prove out new processes or address concerns with legacy processes, fixtures and tooling.
- Support all current and new product introductions (NPI).
- Reduce production costs through implementation of new programming methods, new tooling and modernizing existing processes.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abide by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observe all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- 5+ years of experience in a defense or aerospace related job shop environment
- 2+ years of experience programming CNC turning and multi axis milling equipment.
- Experience in 3D CAD Software preferably, SolidWorks.
- Experience with 3D CAM Software preferably, CAMworks.
- Detailed understanding of GD&T and experience interpreting detailed engineering drawings.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and varying workload.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Windows based computer programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Go to all jobs