The Quality Manager is responsible for establishing a corporate quality system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the financial performance of Granite State Manufacturing. Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and analyzes data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Investigates and addresses customer complaints regarding quality.
- Oversees all the operations in the Quality Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees: planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints, resolving problems.
- Maintains, monitors, manages and updates a Quality Management System to adhere to current AS9100 and ISO9001 standards and requirements.
- Serves as the primary quality resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Oversees the maintenance of the Quality System, documents procedures, forms and records for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establishes, implements and maintains QMS for system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound quality decisions.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective and preventative actions and process improvements.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Oversees and supports internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality and assures that effective corrective action is implemented.
- Supports quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Oversees and supports in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Oversees and supports standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Responsible for product quality documentation system of writing and updating quality and process procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Maintains quality staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in quality systems implementation and management.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing and monitoring an AS9100/ISO9001 Quality System.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Windows based computer programs; ERP/MRP based company-wide sales order administrative systems.
- Ability to measure performance to goals and standards. An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write technical reports, quality procedures and correspondences. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to give clear and concise instructions in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with difficult problems involving ambiguous circumstances in non-standardized situations.
- A personal and professional background sufficient to secure a Government Security Clearance is required.
Go to all jobs