124 Joliette Street, Manchester, NH
Sets up and operates Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines, manual machines, and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the position’s essential functions and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials.
- Calculates and sets control to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Works with engineering to analyze problems for best solutions.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abide by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observe all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to take direction in aspects of machining and production.
- Able to machine moderately difficult parts.
- Has some flexibility in the setup and running of multiple machines, both horizontal and vertical.
- Able to use height gages, calipers, micrometers, gage pins, thread gages, and optical comparators.
- Knowledge of reading and interpretation of blueprints and specifications.
- Knowledge of mathematics, algebra, geometry, and trigonometry preferred.
- Knowledge in deburring and finishing techniques.
- Knowledge of tapping and threading.
- Able to make adjustments to ensure accuracy of product.
- Understands material differences for cutting speed and feeds.
Go to all jobs