Under direct supervision, provide support to the development and implementation of cybersecurity policies and technologies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement plans to safeguard computer data against accidental or unauthorized adaptation, destruction, disclosure, or other breach.
- Ensure system security; improves server and network efficiency by training users and promoting security awareness.
- Collaborate with users to understand and communicate a variety of issues and needs including data access, security violations, and programming modifications.
- Adapt and update security processes, applications, and tools to incorporate new software and correct errors
- Conduct risk assessments and execute tests of data processing systems to ensure proper functioning of data processing activities and security measures
- Document policies, procedures, and tests related to computer security and emergency measures.
- Compile evidence to be used in prosecuting cybercrimes, as necessary.
- Review network information and topology and provide insights into risk
- Develop and review draft plans to assess security controls; provide assessment plan improvement recommendations.
- Use assessment procedures defined in security assessment plan to assess security controls
- Document issues and findings from security controls assessments; provide recommendations for remediation
- Review new cybersecurity policy/regulations, analyze and provide recommendations on security controls to address gaps
- Develop subject matter expertise on security frameworks and requirements, using this knowledge to advise, support policy development, and conduct risk analysis
- Support and audit Company physical security
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be a US Citizen
- 0-3 years of information assurance or cybersecurity
- Experience assessing Security Controls for IT – university level exposure is sufficient
- Working knowledge of NIST 800-171 is desired
- Experience with Git/GitLab/GitHub/bitbucket desired.
- Knowledge of DoD Cyber policies, NIST Publications and DoD STIGs and SRGs
- Knowledge of the areas of vulnerability and risk management
- Knowledge and experience of current and emerging information assurance security practices
- Scripting/automation experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Go to all jobs