Responsible for preparing and/or coordinating quotations of materials with understanding of full estimates. Works in coordination with other departments to create quotes and to determine various pricing options. Computes and prepares cost estimates of materials. Updates and maintains customer and various other information in company databases and files.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates preliminary Bill of Materials using established formats.
- Coordinates with other GSM functions to optimize production processes selected.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Manages quotation process with appropriate suppliers to ensure industry competitive pricing within the requested time frame.
- Prepares cost estimates of materials as requested.
- Compiles/organizes bills of material, utilizing knowledge of products to be manufactured and available service solutions.
- Contacts manufacturers directly or through local representatives to obtain best cost information.
- Computes cost/price estimates for materials using a variety of criteria, such as inventory availability, competitive position, price validity, and other logistical considerations (freight, handling, staging, etc); computes cost estimates for price escalation or abnormal freight charges.
- Maintains accurate paperwork and job files to facilitate smooth transition to other departments.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Five years of experience of Quoting function in Machining Manufacturing industry or similar experience.
- Able to obtain a security clearance.
- DoD experience a plus.
- Exposure to welding estimates and processes desirable but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Go to all jobs