Manchester, NH 03102
Prepares and cleans products to be painted. Applies paint, varnishes and other coatings to a variety of materials and surfaces according to specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sprays surfaces of machines, manufactured products, or working area with protective or decorative material such as paint, enamel, glaze, gel-coat, or lacquer using a spray gun.
- Cleans grease and dirt from product using materials such as lacquer thinner, turpentine, soap, and water.
- Applies masking over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
- Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain a smooth surface.
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce desired color according to specifications using paddle or mechanical mixer.
- Pours coating liquid into spray container and connects gun to air hose using wrenches.
- Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray according to knowledge of painting technique.
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Coats areas inaccessible to hand sprayer using brush.
- Cleans spraying equipment and brushes with solvent.
- Heats and sprays wax onto products after they are tested.
- Uses acid, wire brush, or steel wool to remove rust from metal.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Two-year certificate from college, technical school, or military training and one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers of measurements, volumes, and distances.
Go to all jobs