Plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Oversees all the operations in the Quality Assurance department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Increase quality awareness across the company with the goal of reducing and eliminating barriers and obstacles to throughput while reducing overall cost and schedule.
- Be the face of Quality to customers and participate in program reviews with GSM and customer senior management.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to be more efficient, more effective, and more valuable to customers. Strive to increase production speed, improve quality, and reduce costs.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree and related experience and /or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods, product design, metallurgy, customer requirements, military specification, and documentation systems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience in defense/aerospace related job fabrication and welding environment
- Experience with manufacturing processes to include: CNC machining, painting, Fabrication techniques and weld processes in a heavily regulated environment such as DOD or Aerospace
- Ability to write technical reports, ISO procedures and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to give clear and concise instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving ambiguous circumstances in non-standardized situations.
Go to all jobs