De-burr,polish, sand, finish and clean machined parts made of various metals, plasticsor other materials.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Holds or clamps work piece in work holder or jig. Hand grinds or sands work piece to remove excess metal, scratches, or burs per verbal or written instructions.
- Examines or measures work piece for conformance to standards.
- Guides dressing tool across wheel to true surface.
- Selects proper tools and abrasives to obtain specified finish on work piece.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties,following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS,SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), two months of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.
Go to all jobs