Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of industrial or commercial products. Estimates and communicates completion dates of projects. Revises and recommunicates changes in estimated delivery based on dynamic environment. Suggests changes to resources to accomplish schedule goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to deal with a myriad of changing inputs to schedule.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, six months to one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows based computer programs, and ERP/MRP based company-wide sales order scheduling systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.
Go to all jobs