Manchester, NH 03102
Responsible for oversight of the assigned program(s) which includes managing customer inquiries, coordinating engineering change orders, contract modifications, and quotation of follow on orders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services.
- Quote prices, credit terms and other bid specifications.
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
- Maintain customer records using automated systems.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained and submit orders for processing.
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
- Inform customers of estimated delivery schedules, service contracts, warranties, or other information pertaining to purchased products.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure delivery schedules are adhered to.
- Attend trade shows and other network events as needed.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3-5 years of experience managing complex manufacturing programs, or equivalent work experience and education.
- Experience with Defense Program Management preferred.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR procedures preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Windows based computer programs; ERP/MRP based company-wide sales order administrative systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- A personal and professional background sufficient to secure a Government Security Clearance is required.
Go to all jobs