Responsible for active management of the assigned projects(s), which includes ongoing managing of project progression, managing customer inquiries, coordinating engineering change orders, contract modifications, and quotation of follow on orders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day to day management of all assigned projects to ensure all customer requirements are met. Project Manager will typically be managing several projects in parallel.
- Primary customer interface to provide regular project updates, resolve questions, coordinate changes and develop customer relationships.
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support.
- Maintain customer records, using automated systems.
- Quote prices and terms and other bid specifications.
- Negotiate prices and terms of sales.
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Attend meetings at customer sites, trade shows and other networking events as needed.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering preferred) and 3-5 years of experience managing complex manufacturing programs, or equivalent work experience and education.
- Experience with Department of Defense programs preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Windows based computer programs; ERP/MRP based company-wide sales order administrative systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business information, procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- A personal and professional background sufficient to secure a Government Security Clearance is required.
Go to all jobs