Manchester, NH 03102
Drives truck with capacity under three tons to transport goods and materials to specified destinations. Verifies delivery loads and maintains truck log.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies delivery loads against shipping papers.
- Drives truck to and from destination.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment evidenced by: being at work on time to perform assigned duties, following the policies of Granite State Manufacturing, always wearing safety glasses in designated areas, maintaining a neat and orderly work area, and following safety practices to prevent errors.
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals.
- Abides by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observes all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Card.
- Must have valid NH Driver’s License and supply driving record.
- Able to operate fork truck (willing to train).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things. Ability to communicate effectively.
Go to all jobs